We are expanding our team and looking for a Program and Administrative Associate.
The Program and Administrative Associate is responsible for providing a broad range of program and administrative support for JEI core team members, advisors, fellows, and alumni. The Program and Administrative Associate is part of the JEI team and reports to the Deputy Director. This position supports the development and implementation of JEI gatherings and online offerings, maintains data integrity, and supports fellows and advisors to strengthen their engagement and improve their JEI experience.
Core Team, Advisor & Fellow Support (30%)
- Coordinate and maintain calendar of programs, including monthly meetings for core team
- Support JEI’s application, interview, selection, and onboarding process for new fellows
- Maintain integrity of data and filing systems (Salesforce, OneDrive)
- Craft and conduct fellow and alumni feedback surveys
- Support budget tracking (JEI fees, advisor and presenter honoraria, vendor invoices)
- Suggest and implement program and process improvements
Gatherings (Immersions, Alumni Gatherings, Our Money, Ourselves) (30%)
- Support all logistical planning, including collecting forms, waivers, travel details, special requests, and feedback
- Schedule planning calls with presenters, core team, and partners
- Communicate details to thoughtfully prepare attendees and presenters
- Assist with on-site logistics (facility set-up, F&B, A/V)
- Provide other event support for core team, presenters, fellows, and advisors
- Support development of JEI promotional materials and website content
- Contribute to content development for social media, collaboration stories, and bylines
- Support engagement on community connection platforms (Basecamp, Flickr)
- Assist with development and evolution of JEI social system map
- Support fundraising communications, tracking and follow up
- Manage other administrative tasks needed to support a growing community
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum three years of relevant experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written;
- Flexible, responsive, collaborative work style and community-focused mindset;
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to service excellence;
- Ability to thoroughly and diligently manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- High emotional intelligence with ability to handle challenges with a calm demeanor and positive outlook;
- Dedication to economic, racial, social and environmental justice;
- Tech savvy and experience with a variety of office tools and databases
- An orientation towards curiosity, learning and development; willing to learn from mistakes, receive feedback, and give feedback to others;
- Experience in community building and/or network support preferred.
Expected hours of work
This is a full-time position, with a flexible daily schedule, to be determined in consultation with the Deputy Director, and based on organizational needs.
Remote (Anywhere in the U.S., with preference for the West Coast)
Occasional domestic travel will be required for JEI immersions, meetings and gatherings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type and Compensation
- 30-40 hours per week, non-exempt, hourly paid position.
- Gross hourly pay range is $25/hour – $35/hour, DOE.
- Employees regularly working above 30 hours per week are eligible for 100% FTE benefits package, which includes:
- 20 vacation days per year;
- 14 standard holidays and 2 personal days per year;
- 12 sick days per year;
- Medical, vision, dental for employees and dependents (enrollment effective on the hire date, and may require a per paycheck employee contribution);
- 100% employer sponsored basic life/AD&D;
- Access to a 401k retirement plan, with 4% employer match;
- Access to FSA and Commuter Benefits.
Application Process & Start Date: If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via THIS APPLICATION FORM. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Our goal is to have this associate join our team in early Fall of 2022.
About Just Economy Institute (JEI)
The Just Economy Institute is a fiscally sponsored project of Possibility Labs. The Just Economy Institute supports a growing movement of diverse financial activists who are working to shift the flow of capital and power to solve pressing social and environmental problems. The nine-month fellowship consists of three in-person immersions, online sessions, one-on-one advising, peer coaching, and creative capital projects to spark transformative thinking. JEI fellows connect with experts in the field to gain new perspectives and learn about tools and strategies to activate the positive potential of capital. The curriculum is grounded in an understanding of an extractive economic system, and the ways financial and social capital can be used to create community wealth and well-being for all people and the planet.
About Possibility Labs (PL)
Possibility Labs’ mission is to accelerate and empower community-driven solutions that are built, led, and governed by and for low-income and BIPOC communities, by providing the essential financial and legal infrastructure to manage and move integrated capital to BIPOC-led movement groups. We aim to advance racial, gender, and climate justice, and a new economy where everyone thrives.
Possibility Labs is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. People of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.